Sunday, March 30, 2008

What is that smell???

We ended the week with the most awful smell in the car....what could it be, I wondered? Let's just say that I don't keep the cleanest car and 'things' have gotten lost in the piles many times before. But never something that smelled this bad. After much digging and cleaning out, I found two dishes left over from Life Group on Wednesday night hidden under a pile of coats. Yuck! I keep telling myself that as the kids get older, the car will get cleaner. But, in all reality, I don't think they are the problem, I think that it is me. :)

When I picked the kids up from school on Friday they were both eager to know what our BIG plans were for the evening; and they were equally disappointed to find out we had NONE. We needed a night at home. It felt as though we had been running in circles all week..... So, Chris picked up some pizza on the way home, Anna decorated for our "Family Fun" night and we settled in for some relaxation. Nan came over dressed in her jammies to chill out with us. It was great! We ate, snuggled and watched all of The Game Plan. For those of you who know me well, this is a rare thing. I am not a big movie person, but it was very nice to all enjoy an entire movie together. I will have to remember to do that more often.

We were up early Saturday for Anna's volleyball game. They won once again, staying undefeated, and Anna even managed to get a volley back over scoring a crucial point for her team and breaking the serve of one of their top players...it made her day!! We had a quick break and then it was off to Alex's soccer game. Once again, he did great....getting into the mix of things and going after the ball. We were up against a pretty 'rough' team but managed to pull out a victory :)! We had a quick Chick-fil-A lunch with friends, a stop off at the grocery story and then home for a nice nap. That evening the Carrolls came over...we had a nice dinner, a fire and fun outside and then introduced them to the Wii :) It was great fun and a reminder of how we are blessed as we open our homes and ourselves to serve others with hospitality. It truly is a God-given commandment and I am amazed at how blessed I am when I follow His will. A good reminder to 'invest' in the relationships He has blessed us with.

We were actually on time to Church this morning....and were blessed by the message. Now, we are tackling mounds (no exaggeration whatsoever) of laundry. I am so thankful to have a husband that helps me in the areas where I fall short, laundry being a big one of those :) We will end the weekend at my mom's for dinner with my brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece.

Needless to say, we are blessed beyond measure!

Lissa

No comments: