Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break

Spring Break is FINALLY here! Not that I was necessarily aniticipating it, as I will be working most of the week. But, the kids are very excited...they needed a break. And it is just a little preview of summer, we love summer :)

We had a fun, and busy, weekend! Chris went to a men's conference with his dad on Friday night and Saturday morning. The kids were most unhappy not to have their daddy home when he is "supposed" to be. It is good to be loved! It was a blessing for him to get to spend that time with his dad. He had to cut out early on Saturday to meet me at the soccer fields. The kids had games at the exact same time this weekend, I hate not being able to watch both of their games. But the games were a success! Anna's team won once again :) And, although Alex's team did not win, he did great! He is really engaging in the game, a big improvement over last fall. We are still working on Anna's serve, but I am seeing signs of greatness :)!

My nephew, Will, is spending the night with Alex tonight. I used to dream of the day when they would be big enough for sleep overs and it is finally here! They are too cute and having so much fun! We went on a walk after supper tonight, with Will and I trailing a bit behind Chris, Anna and Alex, as he is not fond of Abby, the dog. We were about halfway into our walk when I heard, "Aunt Lissa, at my house we have dessert a little while after supper." He wanted to make sure we would be following the same protocol at our house ;)!

On a fun and final note, Anna asked me this week, "Mom, do you think the wedding colors that I have picked will look good?" Wedding colors, huh? You are only 8 years old. But this is the mind of my fun, creative, fashionista daughter. Always thinking ahead to the perfect outfit or decor for her next big event(s). Drum roll, please....Anna's color selections are....Turquoise and Lime:)! Yes, Anna, I think that will be absolutely beautiful :) With her creative mind, anything will look perfect. I wish I had just a fraction of her creativity, a true gift from the Lord. Thank you, Jesus, for letting me be her mommy!

Good night,
Lissa

P.S. Will just came in to tell me, "Aunt Lissa, I am ready for dessert now." :)

No comments: