Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chocolate Milk

Whew! It has been a long day and I am ready for some much needed sleep. Plano-days are always long. I usually leave the house no later than 6:30a.m. and return sometime around 7:00 p.m. While it is nice to be in the office from time to time and meet with my team and others face to face, it is a long way to go.

That being said....I am blessed with the MOST amazing husband. He is an awesome daddy and takes on the daily routine without missing a beat. In fact, I think they actually have more fun with him :)! For example, after school today, he took them to Wal-mart where everyone got to pick out exactly what they wanted for dinner. To top that off, they came home and went on a nice, long nature walk to enjoy the beautiful weather we had today. They finished up with a little-move watching and before they even knew it, it was bedtime. He is able to give him his undivided attention on these days and they truly love it. Being at work-at-home mommy definitely has it's privileges, but focused attention on my kids is definitely not one of them.

Now, to the chocolate milk part.... I had been home about 10 minutes tonight, when Chris asked Alex if he wanted to tell me his big news. The conversation went a little something like this:

Alex: "Mommy, can I have some chocolate milk?" said with a big ol' grin on his face
Lissa: "Well, Alex, any chance you went poo poo today?"
Alex: "YES!!"
Lissa: "WOOHOO, yes you can have chocolate milk!"

You see Alex goes several days between big time potty breaks. Usually somewhere between days 2-3 we cut off dairy products. This is hard for my buddy because he LOVES chocolate milk. There is always a celebration when he gets to start having it again, such was the case tonight.

Off to get some shut-eye,

Lissa

No comments: