Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blogging Again

Ok, so it has been awhile since I have blogged....Here was my thinking, why am I doing this? who really cares? who is going to read?

BUT, now I realize that I can give my children a snapshot of what their childhood was really like. So, it is not so much for now but for the future. With that in mind, I start up again.

Crazy but FUN weekend.... Starting with the major snowfall on Thursday night. Who would have dreamed, 5 inches of snow in March in TEXAS. You just never know....it sure was beautiful and the kids absolutely LOVED it.

For me, the beauty was somewhat lost, as I woke up on Friday morning with the worst stomach flu, I haven't been that sick since I was a kid. Much thanks to a GREAT friend who picked the kids up for me on Friday and kept them until about 8:00 p.m., giving Chris time to get home and Lysol the whole house before they got home :) So far, so good!!

We were up bright and early on Saturday morning for Anna's first volleyball game of the Spring. I am happy to report that she did awesome! She got a serve over and several volleys as well, IMPRESSIVE! I will post some pics after the next game. She is really having fun, getting to play with several girls from the team last fall and some friends who have joined for the spring.

Saturday night we were able to meet up with our good friends, the Lowells. Anna and Courtney have been friends since they were just babies. And now, even though we don't see each other very often, they are able to pick right up where they left off and have SO MUCH fun....what a blessing! It was also great to see their almost-finished new home, really beautiful.

I must admit that we missed church this morning. I completely forgot Daylight Savings Time. I woke up at 7:45 thinking we were in good shape. It took me about 15 minutes to realize that it was really 9:00 not 8:00 and everyone, but me, was sound asleep. So, we enjoyed a relaxing morning with homemade chocolate chip waffles...yummy :)

Tonight we have been treated with a special guest. My cousin Rachel is in town for a company meeting and is spending the night. We are thoroughly enjoying our time with her, especially the kids. They have played many bored games, made paper hats and have done lots of coloring :) A very special end to our weekend.

Blessings to you all for a great week. We head to the endocrinologist tomorrow. I am a bit nervous, as I was charting this weekend I realized that some of the numbers have not been as wonderful as I had thought. So we will see...

Lissa

No comments: