Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun....

So, today was my first day of vacation....and, boy, did it go fast. I sit here unable to believe that it is really way past my bedtime :) The day started off with a blessing and ended with one too!

We slept in just a bit this morning and then Anna and I headed off to meet my mom for a relaxing pedicure. As I sat there in between my mom and Anna chatting away, I realized how blessed I really am....my mom, Anna and I get to spend lots of time together. We have fun....we laugh....we have recreational arguments...we hold each other accountable...we pray for one another. I pray that as Anna grows and matures, she will continue to enjoy these times, to take in all the wonderful ;) advice we share and to know how blessed she is to be "best friends" with her Mommy and Nan. And I pray that I will appreciate what a gift it is to have an amazing little girl who just happens to think her mommy and nan are pretty cool!

As we were enjoying some pampering, Alex and Chris headed off for some "man" errands...which actually consisted of breakfast at the local whole in the wall (JR's) and a trip to Blockbuster to rent some new games and movies. Alex 'adores' his daddy right now, he cannot get enough of him. He cried as I put him to bed tonight...."I didn't get a WHOLE day just with Daddy." He wants Chris when he gets hurt, he would rather Chris quit his job and me keep working, he thinks Chris can do ANYTHING :) (I try real hard not to get my feelings hurt ;)) This is a good thing....a GOD thing. I pray that this strong relationship will grow and mature as Alex grows and matures, I pray that he is already taking in what it means to be a Godly husband and daddy. And along the way it doesn't hurt if he learns to play a mean game of Super Mario Brothers, too :)

We ended the day by going out to dinner with Grandma and Papa. We had a very fun time....let's just say that our dinner out involved a Whoopee Cushion. Yes, somehow this fun little toy made it's way into the restaurant and onto Papa's chair....we are never inconspicuous when out with Barker clan. It was great to see them before we head off to Nana's for a relaxing Easter weekend in the Big A.

Blessings,

Lissa

No comments: