Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia

It is almost a guarantee with Spring Break...RAIN. It has literally rained non-stop since about 5 a.m. this morning, a driving cold rain. So, we have spent the day inside, in our jammies, watching movies, playing games and chasing each other around the house with light sabers :)!

These days, we are BIG time into StarWars. Alex has just discovered it and he loves it! Anna has been playing StarWars during recess with the boys for the last couple of years, but I think she is just now starting to understand what it is all about. It just took having a little brother to help explain it all :)!

So, tonight we went with Nan to the library. Alex made a beeline for the DVDs where he promptly selected The Empire Strikes Back....he had just finished New Hope. On the way home the kids made a firm decision for Halloween ( or "Fall", as we like to call it) they will be Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker. The discussion quickly evolved into talk about costumes and hairdos.... "Mommy, how will you make my hair more yellow like Luke Skywalker?" and "Mom, my hair is not long enough to make the buns for Princess Leia." And then a lightbulb went off over Anna's head... "Alex, we don't need to worry. Mommy dressed up like Princess Leia when she was a little girl, she will know exactly what to do!" Oh, the memories. How fun that they want to dress-up just like my brother and I did when we were kids. So cool! And, yes, I will figure out how to make it all look perfect...I have only 7 months and 13 days to do it :)!

Chris is still at the office wrapping things up and then he will be home through next Tuesday, I have one more day and then I will be off as well. I feel a big 'sigh' coming on, we are READY for a break! And ready to spend some quality time as a family, it is going to be great!

Stay warm and dry!

Lissa

No comments: