Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bedtime Songs

We have a pretty specific bedtime ritual at our house. There are three main parts: pray, sing and snuggle. Sometimes we throw a book in at the beginning if it is not too late :)

The interesting part to me and the thing I want to remember forever is the songs they request. We sing several of these songs each night....

The Stay Awake Song (from Mary Poppins)
Amazing Grace (all three verses, please ;))
Mommy Loves ______ (Anna or Alex, depending on kid) I made this one up when Anna was a baby.
You are My Sunshine
Yes, Sir That's My Baby
My Buddy (I think this was the song on the Teddy Ruxpin commercials when I was a kid)
Over the Mountains and the Seas (I could sing of Your love forever)

I'm sure there are more but that is a pretty comprehensive list.

I would sing to them every night until they are 18 and go off to college, if they would just let me.

Lissa

No comments: