Friday, October 10, 2008

Anna: Pioneer Girl

Anna is living the dream today!! They are having a Pioneer day at school and will be watching the movie, Sarah Plain and Tall.


For those of you who do not know her well, Anna loves history and anything having to do with early America. She loves Indians and Pioneers and all things "old". So much in fact that she has several pioneer "outfits" (thanks, Grandma) that she dresses up in on a regular basis. So, it was no problem for her today to find something to wear. She even loaned out some things to a friend in her class.


Being the "supermom" that I delude myself into thinking I am, I offered to make homemade cinnamon rolls for her class to enjoy while they watch the movie. So, I grabbed a great recipe from The Pioneer Woman and proceeded to make 5 dozen cinnamon rolls from scratch. And, let me just say, I enjoyed every minute of it :)!


Here are some pics of the yummy rolls and the beautiful pioneer girl. Enjoy your Friday!


In that last pic, she is saying, "Hurry, Mom. I can't wait to get to school today!" Gotta love it :)


post signature

1 comment:

The Ray Family Adventures said...

hey send me the recipe if it doesnt have too much 'American' things in it? i have one i like but i would like to compare, these would be a fun treat sometime!!!