Monday, October 27, 2008

1...2...3...4... We Walked For A Cure


Wow, what a week. I don't know that I have crammed that much activity into a one-week period in a LONG time. And, I think I am too old to do that again. Just kidding! I really am NOT old at all, and I have a new motto.... "I am determined to thrive, not survive!" More on my silly musings later...

For the important stuff. Among the long list of activities for last week, the highlight had to be the annual JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. Our team, Anna's Army, had strong representation and looked AWESOME in the shirts that Anna designed herself. In case you can't see the wording well in the pics below...The front said Anna's Army, 2008 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes....And the back said 1...2...3...4 WE ARE WALKING FOR A CURE! Thank you, Jesus, for my creative child.
We ended up with about 26 walkers (a couple are missing from the pic below).



The sweetest thing of the day had to be this...



Let me just tell you, that Molly knew exactly what she was doing, showing her support for her Anna. It was just too precious!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who sacrificed that precious Saturday morning time to join us. You have no idea how much it meant to Anna and to our family.
Blessings on your week,


post signature

2 comments:

christie and kyle said...

Lissa!

I'm so glad that we've exchanged blogs so that we can keep up with all the current happenings of the Barkers! It was so good to see you last weekend, and Kyle and I are definitely in for Nov. 15!

Love you!

Ashley said...

Wow, what a great team you had! Sorry we could not be there, but we did make an online donation. I found something for Anna for Christmas regarding her design prowess. I will call you and tell you about it. Love you all!Ash