Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day, Family Reunion and More Fun

We have enjoyed lots of quality time with the Barker clan over the last few weeks! Between the Barker Family Reunion, Father's Day and Alex's birthday....we have had lots of excuses to get together.

First off...the family reunion. We returned to Lakeview Camp for this year's reunion, but I must say that the place really is a minor detail...being with all of the family, catching up and praying for one another...that's what it is all about :) It is really a huge blessing for my children to have such a Godly heritage and to be around many generations of family members that care not only about their physical well-being but their spiritual well-being, as well. Here are a few pictures of the reunion and a short video of Uncle Rich sharing about that Godly heritage...


Chanin and Mandy...and Mackenzie


Keith aka Papa leading the singing




Alex and his cousin Noah from Ohio




Aunt Roberta and Uncle Rich, brother and sister, and the oldest members of the family at this year's reunion. They are Chris' great aunt and uncle.



Anna and Sarah...her Barker Family BFF :)



Fast forward a couple of weeks to Father's Day. I must admit that I miss my Daddy terribly at just random times...not so much on specific days or dates. It will be an event, a memory or something that someone says that will trigger that tug on my heart. I am thankful that I have an awesome husband who is an amazing daddy to our children to celebrate Fathers Day with....and I am blessed with a wonderful Father-in-law who I know loves me unconditionally and just like I was one of his own. We had a great time...a yummy dinner, ice cream sundaes and an outdoor movie on the big screen.

Grandma and Papa


Anna took lots of pictures, including several self-portraits :)



Chris and his Dad...watching the movie


Alex playing with Legos...a minor obsession!



Finally, we headed over to Grandma and Papa's house for a belated Alex birthday celebration. We were happy to wait until Aunt Shannon could be here to celebrate with us.


Alex and Aunt Shannon


Alex blowing out the candles on his rice krispie treat cake :)


Alex...slightly excited...about a new Lego agents set.

Alex loved this gift from Aunt Shannon....it's a monkey sucking it's thumb...just like someone else we know and love ;)!



post signature





No comments: