Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy aka my Big Boy



Well...I can hardly believe it. Alex turned 7 yesterday. Can this really be happening? Is it possible that my baby is SEVEN. YEARS. OLD. I think I might be in denial. But the reality is right before me...he is an amazing kid. He is growing like a weed. Reading like a 10 year old. Analyzing everything. BUT, he still likes to snuggle up with his Mama. And he told me yesterday, "I have decided not to go to First Grade." Period. End of Story. He is just going to stay home. Is there some way he could test out of First Grade....is that exam available? If so, I'll sign him up tomorrow and then he and I will just stay home and play for the next year :)!


We had a big Lego Mania Birthday Blowout Bash last night to celebrate. It was super fun! Although, I must be honest and tell you that after he opened all of those shiny new Lego sets....he was ready for everyone to pack it up and go home. He wanted to build! He managed to remain graciously patient until everyone was gone and then he stayed up to 11 p.m. building Anakin's Starfighter. AND he has been building all day today. Sure beats watching TV and playing video games :).


Here are some pictures of the party....

Each kid built their own lego creation and received awards!

The party table




All the boys :)





Alex and Will


Molly Rose...with pigtails to die for :)





Anna and Alex...Anna is exhausted, going to Diabetes Camp this week, look at her in this picture...poor baby ;)!




Alex with his favorite present...Lego Agents Mission 5





I think he had fun...what do you think?





post signature

No comments: