Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I have been a bad blogger....Here is what happens: so many fun and wonderful things happen that I want to write about but I don't find the time. Then I get so far behind and become frustrated knowing that I will not be able to post it all, so I just don't post anything at all. Just being honest.


So, let me start by saying, "Merry Christmas". I hope that you enjoyed a blessed holiday with family celebrating the birth of our Savior. I resolve once again to put more focus on Jesus' birth next year and have learned some fun and new ways that I am going to try. I love being excited for Christmas again already :) (Now, if I could just get excited about taking all of these decorations down...)


We have had an amazing couple of weeks, celebrating Christmas at school, at church, with friends and with family. Chris and I both took off of work all week last week and thoroughly enjoyed every minute we had to be together as a family. We made a quick trip to OK to visit Chris' grandmother (more on that later), but other than that were able to stay here at home. I must say that my kids love just being at home with us....so much fun! We played games, decorated cookies and let them sleep in pallets on our floor :). I want to enjoy this time when they still think we hung the moon ;) Friends with older children keep telling me that is going to end....what a bummer :)


I want to share with you one fun, special, spontaneous thing that happened on Christmas day. I looked up from working in the kitchen to see this....


Daddies and Daughters dancing






Chris and Anna




Ryan and Cate



Wade, Nan and Molly






And, our crew...all 8 sweet peas. Aren't they precious? :)



We are headed down to the Hill Country tomorrow for my cousin, Hayley's wedding. So, Happy New Year a bit early. I pray that you will find joy in the "everday" in the coming year.

post signature

No comments: