Monday, May 05, 2008

No Pictures=No Fun

Well, not exactly no fun. But certainly no way to capture our fun moments for posterity. Obviously, my camera is still missing. As a last ditch effort, I will call the YMCA today to see if they have it. If not, then I will be off to buy a new camera.

So, in an effort to feel even more sorry for myself over my missing camera, here is a list of all the events I have not been able to capture on film this week:

Anna holding brand-new Emersyn Grace Mabry
Alex's Farm Day at School
The annual LCCS Spring Picnic
Daddy buying Alex's Class Mascot for an obscene amount of money (it's all about the donation, right?)
A beautiful fireworks show
Alex's Last Soccer Game
Anna's Last Volleyball Game
Anna's team party and trophy presentation
Spend-the-night fun with our friends Jordan and Avery
A family car trip to Canton
Papa's debut as the lead role in the children's musical at FBC-Euless

Do you feel sorry for me too? ;)

Enough of the pity party...on to a really fun Alex story. So, last Thursday afternoon I was busy wrapping up some work and asked Alex to go get himself dressed for soccer practice. Time elapsed and I finally called up stairs to check on him. He came to the top of the stairs and said that he was having difficulty unbuttoning his pants. So, he came down so that I could help him. Well, we finally got the pants unbuttoned and both looked down to see that he had two pair of underwear on. So, we discussed how this came to be. You see that morning when I had laid out his clothes I had put a clean pair of underwear with his school uniform. Apparently he was watching TV while he got dressed and failed to notice that he already had a pair on and just added another one. Here is what Alex had to say about this situation, "Well, Mom, I think this is good. If I have a poopoo problem or just need a clean pair all I have to do is take the bottom ones off and then I will have a clean pair ready to go!" Yes, Alex, I guess that two of something is always better than one...

post signature

No comments: