Monday, May 19, 2008

Goin' Home



We had the opportunity to spend the some time in the Glen Rose/Granbury area this weekend. It is just amazing to me, but it seems that your whole body just heaves a big sigh as you drive into town...the pace of life feels so much slower. Although the weekend was busy and tiring, it was wonderful to go back and reminisce about our lives there. I love things that give me a different perspective on the day-to-day grind. I can still vividly remember living here and then moving there. I can remember just how everything felt....like I had been transported to a different place and time. It was divine for our family....it was right....it was what we needed. It was an amazing place to spend my high school years. All the "things" that I needed here in order to be popular did not mean anything there, anyone could do anything or be anything. There was no social order, no defined groups.....I was able to be friends with everyone. As I sit here, I realize that I haven't ever thanked God, like I should, for that time and for the enormous blessing that He gave to our family through that move. It was an amazing time for us as a family...almost ALL of my good memories of my "childhood" happened there. And the best thing of all, of course, was meeting Chris. I am thankful that we have joint memories of the place that meant so much to both of us. I pray today that no matter where we live and raise our children, they will have memories of a carefree time and a place where they felt comfortable, a place they can hold in their hearts.



And now a little picture story :)



Anna and Alex looking oh so cute and happy on the courthouse steps...


Anna really wanting Alex to get out of her picture...she likes to pose....alone.


Uh oh...now he has stepped on her hand....it might look like she is crying about her pod...but in reality it was a hurt hand....take a look at Alex's face....he's thinking "oops, shouldn't have done that."

All is well now...she got a solo shot :)



And so did he!!

But in the end...they really love to be together. It's true, I promise :).



post signature

No comments: