Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nana's New House

Just four days after returning from our impromptu trip to Palo Duro Canyon, Nan, the kids and I left on a "planned" trip to visit Nana and see her new home.

Now, I must admit...I had struggled with this just a tad. Leaving the home that she had lived in for most of my childhood to move to a smaller duplex in the same town...still very far away from all of her family. I just didn't get it...why not just stay in the house if you are not going to move closer to us?? Really...honestly....if everyone would just let me handle all of their life plans, logistics, etc...it would all work out perfectly! ;) I'm really good at figuring out what other people need to do...not so good with figuring out what I need to do!!

I was very pleasantly surprised at how wonderful her new home was! It is laid out very well and is just plain cozy....one thing that I was sure was going to be missing from her old house. It's in a great location...across the street from the hospital, you can even watch CareFlite land right outside her front door (a big bonus for the kids). It has a really cool clubhouse, with an indoor shuffleboard court thingy. And lots of sweet ladies just her age were moving in to the adjacent homes while we were there. She can walk to the dentist, the doctor and to the nursing home to visit her friends. And she can still drive anywhere around town...as long as she only makes right turns :)!!

We had a great long weekend...spent eating lots of Dairy Queen, playing games, reading books and enjoying some unseasonably cool weather. It was also a reunion weekend for my mom and it was fun to meet some of her friends from high school. Anna and Nana spent time playing make-believe...like they were neighbors coming to visit one another :). The only thing that would be better is if Andrews was about 15 minutes from Fort worth!!!

I didn't take many pictures...but here are some moments that I did capture.





I am continually blessed and amazed at the relationship that my children have with Nana, their great Grandmother. I did not get to experience anything like it, and they are so incredibly blessed by their time with her and the love that she has for them. I can only hope and pray that I will be in a position to do the same when I am 84.


post signature

No comments: