Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Resourcefulness

Resourcefulness is an honorable quality...wouldn't you agree? And, apparently, I have done an excellent job of teaching it to my children. See below.


I am sitting here patting myself on the back, for teaching my children such resourcefulness. :) You see...for today my part-time job is not part-time at all and they are bored and really wish that we had a swimming pool in the back yard. While they would prefer a big, in-ground pool, they would probably also like a kiddie pool. But Daddy thinks those things are just a nuisance and ruin the grass. So, my sweet peas have resorted to using a toy bucket filled with water to entertain themselves. Resourcefulness....don't you just love it?!?

post signature

2 comments:

Kim Bulaich said...

that is why I love you....I use your resources that you teach your kids and then teach my own!

Ashley said...

I finally gave in and bought a kiddie pool this summer, after refusing to do it the last 2 years. I loathe it but at least they are entertained for about an hour! I just have to dump it every evening so it does not ruin the grass. I attached it to the slide off of our swing set, and poof, a water slide!