Monday, August 10, 2009

13 years ago today...


...I married my best friend. Chris has been by my side for over 16 years, the last 13 of those as husband and wife. He has cheered me on, comforted me during tragedy, listened to every anxious thought and helped to calm my fears. He has prayed over me and loved me as no one else could. He is the man that God had for me. The husband that I dreamed of and needed. Thank you Lord for this precious gift. I am humbled by Your love and grace for me.


Over the last couple of weeks I could tell that Anna had been planning "something" for our anniversary. Even since she was very little she has loved to plan "romantic" things for us to do. I can remember a halter dress she once begged me to buy at Old Navy so I could wear it to the dinner that she and Nan were cooking for me and Daddy. Lucky for her it was on clearance, so I bought it and wore it...just that once!
Last night, after swimming and dinner with Uncle Wade, Aunt Cathy and all the kids, Nan arrived to help Anna execute her plan. We walked in the Purtell's kitchen to this scene.


Mini recreations of our wedding cakes. Complete with the aTm symbol on top of Chris' and fake flowers on top of mine! The centerpiece is my actual bouquet from our wedding (hey...silk flowers were in back then...don't judge!) All of this was Anna's idea!



Thank you sweet baby girl for being so thoughtful!! We were amazed!



Per Anna's plan, we cut the cake and fed each other the first bite ;)


I love you honey! Thank you for loving me so unconditionally...I am excited to spend another 13+ years by your side!



post signature

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

The Ray Family Adventures said...

That is too much fun! Happy Anniversary!

Yall haven't changed a bit, well ok, a little!?!?

I will try to call this week sometime

love ya