Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No other place I'd rather be....

....on this earth than with all of these people (and their associated parents, of course).

Nan and all of her grand kids
(Eli, Cate, Cara, Molly, Nan, Claire, Anna, Will and Alex)
When we found out late on March 4th that Ryan's team had made it to the Regional Tournament, we quickly made plans to head to San Antonio on that Friday to offer our support! And by "we", I mean my entire family. We made it just in time to watch Ryan's Southwest Dragons upset Converse Judson in the Regional Semi-Final game. It was so much FUN! And that was just the beginning.

For all of the cousins it meant lots of this...

Alex, Will, Cate and Eli

Even the little ones got in out the fun...it was so great to really see them playing together for the first time.
Molly and Claire


Molly sharing her "O's" with Claire


There was lots of time for us just to sit around and visit. It was a priceless time and made us all long for Ryan, Ash and the girls to be back close to home.



While Ryan's team was defeated in the Regional Final game, I am so proud of all that they accomplished! He truly is an amazing coach and I am not the only one who thinks so. He was selected as Coach of the Year and also will be coaching the San Antonio All-Star Game.

Way to go big brother! I'm thinking about going back to school so that I can become his assistant coach some day soon....what do you think? Would we be a great team? Or would I drive him crazy? :)

One more thing....today happens to be his birthday. How fitting for this post?

HAPPY BIRHTDAY UNCLE RYAN!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

post signatureand family

2 comments:

The Ray Family Adventures said...

That is awesome!!! I can't believe those pictures of all those kids!

Yall have such a fun family I can just imagine how fun it was to all be there and I am sure yall made a pretty fun scene there at the game!

And that is really cool about Ryan getting coach of the year! Well done!

One thing i realized is that my boys are out of style....they have buzzed heads and it looks like long hair on little boys is the style there! oh well! It will have time to grow back before we return!

Love you

Ryan Purtell said...

You are the best sister in the whole world!