Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Year

It has been one year. One year since Anna was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. One year living with diabetes.

One year...

....since God reminded us how precious life is.

....of having more opportunities to spend time with my daughter.

....of giving my children kisses during the middle of the night.

....of paying very close attention to Anna's feelings.

....of encouraging her independence.

....of sympathizing and encouraging others living with this disease.

....of making new friends because of the d-connection.

....of our family becoming closer as we focus on our goal.

....of remembering how much Jesus loves us.

....of being thankful for the precious gift that is my children.


I must admit I am not this optimistic every day :) There are days that I focus on the struggles, but for today I choose JOY!






Thank you Jesus for Anna and the perfect gift that she is.

Lissa

No comments: