Monday, April 21, 2008

Family Fun

We had an amazingly fun weekend, once again! Friday night Anna had a birthday party to attend. As always, I hung out to make sure her blood sugar remained in range, especially since they were swimming. I wonder about the day when she will be too cool for me to hang out with her and I am thankful that, for today, she still likes to have me around. Chris and Alex were busy mowing the grass and working in the backyard while we were gone. We had a big slumber party in our room on Friday night...BIG FUN!!

Saturday morning we were blessed to be able to sleep in. The kid's games did not start until noon this week. It was a bummer that the games were at the same time, so I could not watch both. I attended Alex's game and Chris went to Anna's. I am VERY excited to report that Anna got 4 serves over this week...she has finally figure out how to get some power behind her great form. Alex was really not that into soccer this week...I try not to get frustrated, but it is hard. I want him to find one active hobby that he enjoys. We will keep searching!

Chris and I got all dressed up Saturday night to attend the JDRF Promise Ball. It was a fun night and TONS of money was raised to support research for a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. I was a little surprised by how the evening's events affected me, it was a bit emotional because it directly impacts my daughter's life...I long for, pray for and hope for a cure every day. To watch people give generously for something so personal definitely tugged on my heartstrings. We had a great time. Thank you to our friends who made it possible for us to attend!

Sunday, I must admit, we skipped out on Church and had a lazy day at home. That evening we we had a BLAST with my mom, brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening and we thoroughly enjoyed the great outdoors.


The kiddos had a picnic in the "fort".

Aunt Cathy, Anna and Molly

Nan and Anna...two peas in a pod.

Wade and Will both having smores for the FIRST time...Wade at age 36, Will at age 6

My niece, Molly Rose or "The Petal" as her daddy affectionately calls her.

post signature

2 comments:

Wade said...

My first appearance in the Barker Blog and I have smores all over my face? Very nice.

Such residual jealousy of my first-bornliness... :)

Ashley said...

Sooo sad we were not there! Cate and Cara had smores for the first time the other night at our camp-in. We sure miss you guys!