Thursday, January 26, 2012

House inspiration

As of today, we have lived in our house four months and two days, and I still have not hung anything on the walls in the entry, living room, kitchen, hallway, bathrooms or Alex's room. I take that back, in the living room there is a wooden piece with Jeremiah 29:11 on it hanging over the back door. Other than that there is nothing...zero, zilch, nada. I am not sure why I am having such a hard time decorating this house. I want it to look simple AND cozy, but not overdone and cluttered. I want it to feel casual, not dressy. Everytime I go out to look for things, I don't find anything that I really like. I also know that this is not the most important thing in the world...it is a minor detail. It will get done, when it gets done!

That being said, in an effort to get myself going, I have been searching the great world wide web for inspiration. Here are some things I have come across that I liked. Nothing translates perfectly to our space, but at least I have some inspiration. (All images from Google, unless otherwise noted.)

I have a huge wall behind one of our sofas. It is definitely going to take a grouping of things to make it look right. I haven't found any ideas I really love, but here a few that I liked.


I like this one the best...it has similar blue walls and white trim work. Biggest difference, my couches are white.




























Right now, our color pallet is pretty neutral except for the light blueish gray walls. I could keep everything neutral, but I would like to add in some color. Maybe start with a vintage quilt hung over the back of the couch and then pull colors out of that to add accessories elsewhere???




Here are some examples of pops of color...


(here)
















I love this hook/picture shelf for the entry way. We have a bench already and I'm thinking maybe Chris could make this to go with it?!





And, I would love to find a spot to hang a couple of these vintage game boards.




(here)




So, if you have any ideas or opinions I'd love to hear them! Hopefully it won't be too long and I can be posting about all that we've done. Until then, we'll enjoy or uncluttered space! ;)


Lissa

No comments: